PG&E Says Post-Blast Pipeline Work Should Reduce Fines

Law360, New York (March 22, 2012, 4:14 PM EDT) -- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. has asked California regulators to consider, in determining any additional fines against the utility, the $221 million PG&E spent on pipeline testing and other improvements after a deadly 2010 pipeline explosion in San Bruno, the company confirmed Thursday.

PG&E executives had told the California Public Utilities Commission at a hearing Tuesday that the utility took the $221 million from shareholders last year to perform pipeline testing, records verification and other improvements stemming from the blast, according to PG&E spokesman David Eisenhauer....
To view the full article, register now.