Motorola Injunction Bid Barred By FTC Order, Fed. Circ. Told

Law360, New York (April 29, 2013, 3:09 PM ET) -- Motorola Mobility Inc.'s bid for an injunction based on standard-essential patents is barred by its recent consent decree with the Federal Trade Commission and its demand for an "eye-popping" $347 million in damages should be rejected, Apple Inc. told the Federal Circuit on Thursday.

Apple urged the appeals court to affirm last year's ruling by U.S. Circuit Judge Richard Posner dismissing the  smartphone patent suit against Apple by Google Inc.'s Motorola unit on the ground that Motorola could not prove it was entitled to damages or...
To view the full article, register now.