Monster Energy Caused Son's Death, Mother Claims

Law360, Los Angeles (June 26, 2013, 5:18 PM EDT) -- The mother of a San Francisco teenager filed a wrongful death suit against Monster Beverage Corp. on Tuesday, claiming her 19-year-old son died suddenly in July because of his habitual consumption of the company's energy drinks. 

Paula Morris sued Monster in Alameda County Superior Court, saying her son, Alex, drank two 16-ounce cans of Monster energy drinks in the 24 hours prior to his death July 1 and had been drinking at least two cans of Monster beverages per day for three years. 

Corona, Calif.-based Monster...
To view the full article, register now.