ArcelorMittal 2nd Firm This Week To Dump India Plans

Law360, New York (July 17, 2013, 4:32 PM ET) -- Powerhouse steelmaker ArcelorMittal SA said Wednesday it would scrap $12 billion plans for a steel plant in India’s Odisha state after a series of holdups, making it the second company in as many days to cancel major infrastructure plans in India.

The company’s decision to call off the 13-ton-per-year facility comes after it first sketched plans and signed a memorandum of understanding with officials in 2007. Since then, ArcelorMittal has struggled to acquire land and an iron ore mine to supply the proposed facility, it said....
To view the full article, register now.