Raytheon Says BAE Protest Won't Harm $279M Navy Contract

Law360, Chicago (July 25, 2013, 7:28 PM EDT) -- The CEO of Raytheon Co. said Thursday that the defense contractor is confident it will hold onto a $279 million contract to develop a next generation electronic jamming system for the U.S. Navy, despite a protest from rival BAE Systems PLC.

In a conference call announcing Raytheon’s financial results, CEO William Swanson said the weapons maker had been ordered to stop work on the contract, as is customary in a Government Accountability Office protest. But he added that the Naval Air Systems Command — which is...
To view the full article, register now.