Men's Wearhouse Again Stymies Rival's $2.3B Takeover Bid

Law360, New York (November 4, 2013, 11:52 AM EST) -- Houston-based Men's Wearhouse Inc. on Monday threw more cold water on a $2.3 billion takeover bid lobbed by Jos. A. Bank Clothiers Inc. and a private equity partner, saying it would not open its books to the buyer group whose offer it has already spurned.

Jos. A. Bank last week told the Texas retailer it would consider beefing up its proposal if it could access nonpublic financial information. But after consulting with its legal and financial advisers, Men's Wearhouse said it would keep its books closed...
To view the full article, register now.