Turkcell Takes $4B Iran Bribery Suit To MTN's Home Turf

Law360, Washington (November 27, 2013, 1:58 PM EST) -- Turkish mobile phone operator Turkcell Iletisim AS said Wednesday that it has launched a $4 billion lawsuit against MTN Group in a South African court alleging the company bribed officials to participate in Iran’s second mobile phone network.

Turkcell said in a press release that it has filed the suit in South Gauteng High Court in Johannesburg after withdrawing a similar suit from a U.S. federal court earlier this year. The case concerns Turkcell’s bid for damages after it was prevented from receiving Iran’s first private...
To view the full article, register now.