Try our Advanced Search for more refined results
Insurance Law360 provides breaking news and analysis on insurance law. Coverage includes high-stakes cases against major insurance carriers, brokers, and reinsurers, as well as relevant policy developments and corporate deals.
Sign up for a 7-day FREE trial today!
Latest News in Insurance
May 30, 2023
NJ Panel Says Insurer Needn't Cover Tainted Concrete Claim
A trucking company's insurer is not obligated to pay a nearly $1 million judgment awarded against its policyholder to a concrete company that received a contaminated batch of concrete materials, a New Jersey state appeals court ruled Tuesday, finding that the policy's handling of property and completed operations exclusions apply.
May 26, 2023
Mich. Car Owner Can Try To Dodge Other Driver's Crash Claim
A split Michigan Court of Appeals reversed a $1.5 million win for Allstate Insurance Co. on Thursday, finding that a judge too quickly dismissed a woman's defense that a couple injured while driving her car did not have her permission to use it.
May 26, 2023
Nonprofit Voided Coverage By Hiding Past Suits, Insurer Says
A nonprofit radio broadcasting organization's failure to disclose at least seven lawsuits on its insurance applications was a breach of warranty that should end coverage for an underlying case, Kinsale Insurance Co. told a California federal court Friday.
May 26, 2023
Insurer Lowballed Roof Repair Estimates And Pay, Court Told
A Colorado contractor said it is entitled to two times the covered benefits under a Travelers insurance policy issued to a homeowners association, alleging that the insurer failed to reimburse it for repair work done on 42 properties damaged by hail.
May 26, 2023
Hilton Avoids Dismissal Of Nev. COVID-19 Coverage Suit
Hilton's Nevada state court suit seeking more than $1.7 billion from its insurers for COVID-19 losses will move forward after a judge rejected two motions to dismiss the case, finding the claims in the international hotel chain's complaint were strong enough for the case to continue.
Areas of Coverage
- National Association of Insurance Commissioners
- Federal Insurance Office
- State insurance commissioners
- U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission
- International insurance regulators
- POLICY & REGULATION
- Affordable Care Act
- Dodd-Frank Act
- State and international insurance legislation and regulation
- Coverage suits over asbestos, environmental contamination, and other mass and toxic torts
- Liability-related suits, including disputes over commercial general liability, directors’ and officers’ liability, management liability, and professional liability
- Business interruption coverage suits
- Construction damage and defect disputes
- Coverage suits related to hurricanes and other natural disasters
- Federal and state appellate court rulings over insurance coverage
- Premium- and rate-related class actions
- Deceptive and unfair trade practices suits
- Reinsurance arbitration proceedings
- Shareholder class actions, including those over ERISA violations and modal premium rates
- Bankruptcy proceedings
- Mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures involving insurers and reinsurers
- Demutualizations and mutual holding company reorganizations
- Personnel moves
- Profiles of insurance practices
- Insurance lawyers at top law firms
- Executives and attorneys at insurance carriers and corporate policyholders
- Regulatory compliance officers
- Information experts at law firms, agencies, and companies
- Policymakers at federal and state agencies
- Judges and court staff across the U.S.
- Professors, students, and library staff at every accredited law school in the U.S.
- Attorney and law firm marketing professionals