Try our Advanced Search for more refined results
Scarlett Johansson Sues Disney Over 'Black Widow' Release
"Black Widow" star Scarlett Johansson launched an offscreen battle against Marvel-parent Disney in California st...(read more)
Nikola Founder Charged In NY With Lying To Raise Billions
The Manhattan U.S. attorney's office unveiled fraud charges against Nikola Corp. founder and onetime chairman Tr...(read more)
Avenatti Was 'Anxious' To Get NBA Player's $3M, Atty Testifies
A Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP partner who represented NBA player Hassan Whiteside told the California federal jury in Michael Avenatti's embezzlement trial Thursday that Avenatti appeared "anxious" to receive the $3 million settlement he negotiated for Whiteside's ex-girlfriend, saying Avenatti sent multiple inquiries before the money was even due.
McKinsey Opioid MDL Has A Need For Speed, Judge Says
A California federal judge fired a proverbial starting pistol Thursday in multidistrict litigation over consulting giant McKinsey & Co.'s alleged role in the opioid crisis, telling attorneys at the MDL's first hearing to lace up their "track shoes" and expect swift rulings on pivotal threshold issues.
House Approves $19B Boost For DOT Budget
The U.S. Department of Transportation could see its budget bumped up to $105.7 billion to expand safety programs and fund highway, rail, transit and climate-focused infrastructure projects as part of a sprawling spending package the U.S. House of Representatives approved Thursday.
Purdue Pharma Gets OK For $22M Worker Bonus Program
A New York bankruptcy judge Thursday gave Purdue Pharma the go-ahead to pay up to $22.1 million in retention bonuses to midlevel workers, rejecting calls to delay the decision until after next month's Chapter 11 plan confirmation hearing.
Novartis Cancer Drug Suits Too Few To Centralize, JPML Told
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Inc. told the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation on Thursday that suits alleging its blood cancer drug Tasigna causes cardiovascular disease should not be consolidated, since the company believes it is unlikely that significantly more suits will be filed in federal court.
Apple 1st To Ask Justices To Weigh In On PTAB's Fintiv Policy
Apple has asked the U.S. Supreme Court to decide whether the Federal Circuit has the authority to review decisions in which the Patent Trial and Appeal Board exercises its discretion to deny patent reviews in light of parallel district court litigation, marking the first time the justices have been asked to wade into the matter.
Davis Wright Bumps Associate Pay, Billable Hour Targets
Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is the latest BigLaw firm to raise associate and counsel pay — and it's also hiking billable hour requirements, Law360 Pulse has learned.
Koch Foods, Ex-Pilgrim's Execs Charged With Price-Fixing
Grand juries in Denver have charged Koch Foods and several former Pilgrim's Pride executives with criminal charges as part of an ongoing investigation of an alleged price-fixing conspiracy in the broiler chicken industry, the U.S. Department of Justice said Thursday.
Wholesaler GBG USA Hits Ch. 11 With More Than $1B In Debt
Retail wholesaler GBG USA filed for Chapter 11 protection in a New York bankruptcy court Thursday, listing more than $1 billion in debt and pointing to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on retail as well as international supply chain disruptions.
Robinhood Hits The Markets After $2.1B Cravath-Led IPO
Stock-trading platform Robinhood made its public market debut Thursday after pricing a much-anticipated, $2.1 billion initial public offering guided by Cravath Swaine & Moore LLP.
Bayer To Set Aside Another $4.5B For Future Roundup Claims
Bayer AG's CEO told investors in a call Thursday morning that the company is setting aside an additional $4.5 billion to cover its potential exposure for future claims from plaintiffs alleging they developed cancer after using its Roundup weedkiller.
Google Hit With £920M Antitrust Suit Over App Store Charges
Google has been hit with a £920 million ($1.3 billion) lawsuit on behalf of more than 19 million Android users in Britain for allegedly abusing its market dominance by charging "excessive" commissions on app sales, Hausfeld & Co LLP said on Thursday.
Trending on Law360
- Endo, Arnold & Porter Accused Of Cover-Up In Opioid MDL
- Biden Judicial Noms Draw Rare GOP Praise, Unlike DOJ Pick
- DOJ Barred From Interviewing Glenmark Execs Without Attys
- Morgan Lewis Caught Up In New McDonald's Investors Suit
- SDNY Takes Over 'Lottery Lawyer' Case Due To EDNY Conflict
- Nikola Founder Charged In NY With Lying To Raise Billions
- Opioid Distributors Pin Blame On Others As W.Va. Trial Ends
- Avenatti Made Ex-Paralegal 'Scapegoat' In Scheme, Jury Told
- McDonald's Workers Lose Cert. Bid In No-Poach Dispute
From The Courtroom
- HSBC Says Data Gaps Make FX Rigging Suit Impossible
- Regulator's Conviction Sets Stage For Insurance Fight In Ga.
- Challenge To CVR Deal's Details Opens Icahn's Chancery Trial
- Ex-Fox Execs Say FIFA Foreign Bribe Case Is 'Vast Overreach'
- Avenatti Phased Junior Attys Out Of Settlements, Jury Told
- Kia Cleared In $104.5M Seat Belt Defect Trial
- Attys Say Ex-CIA Coder Fit To Rep Self At Espionage Retrial
- Jurors Won't Be Asked About Porn Habits In Vineyard IP Trial
- Mayor's Aide Who Told Jury Of Pot Shop Bribes Avoids Prison
- 5th Circ. Mulls New Trial Bid In Sanofi Chemo Bellwether
By offering more services, law firms can deepen and strengthen their client relationships and truly become an extension of their cli... (read more)
Executing a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion programming, through recruitment, inclusive legal pipelines and community ... (read more)
Social tokens, a new class of blockchain-based assets that celebrities and brands can use to connect with fans and consumers, hold g... (read more)
Jackson Lewis’ Paige Bowser shares lessons from the firm's recent overhaul of an outdated email marketing database, including tips f... (read more)
The U.S. Supreme Court’s recently concluded term saw a flurry of First Amendment cases, providing lessons for how the court, with it... (read more)
- Read More Expert Analysis
Want to publish in Law360?
Submit an idea
- FCA Probes Monzo Bank Over Potential AML Breaches
- Gov't Acts To Cut Cost Of Flood Insurance Premiums
- Binance Crypto-Exchange Winds Down Derivatives In Europe
- COVID Biz Interruption Disputes Focus Of 17% Of Irish Claims
- Bank Loses Privilege Fight Over PwC Report In Qatar Fight
- Small Advisers' Professional Indemnity Premium Costs Jump
- FCA Wins Order To Block Illegal Lender's Property Claims
- Travel Agency Ruled Liable For Rape By Hotel Worker
- Imerys Ch. 11 Tort Group Delays J&J Talc Claim Spinoff Fight
- Lawmakers Unveil Overhaul Of Judiciary Workplace Rights