Try our Advanced Search for more refined results
SEC Says Binance, CEO Wove 'Extensive Web Of Deception'
The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission sued Binance Holdings Ltd., the world's largest crypto platform, and...(read more)
Supreme Court To Review 'Trump Too Small' TM Fight
The U.S. Supreme Court said Monday it will take up the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's challenge of an appeal...(read more)
FTX Investor Suits Centralized In Fla. Over Celeb Objections
Eight investor suits tied to the November 2022 collapse of cryptocurrency exchange FTX will go through pretrial proceedings in Miami, the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation decided on Monday despite opposition to the move by celebrities including retired NFL quarterback Tom Brady and his ex-wife, model Gisele Bündchen.
Ex-Gilead VP Says Execs Gamed Out Truvada Generic Date
A former Gilead executive testifying Monday in an antitrust trial over claims Gilead and Teva illegally delayed generic versions of its blockbuster HIV drugs until 2020 told jurors that before the pharmaceutical makers' deal, Gilead executives discussed the possibility that generic competition for Truvada could come as early as 2017.
Newman Kept Off Cases As Probe Narrows To Misconduct
The council that sets Federal Circuit policy declined on Monday to let Judge Pauline Newman continue hearing cases amid a probe of concerns about her mental fitness, while the investigators decided to focus on whether her responses to their orders constitute misconduct.
Mallinckrodt Considers New Bankruptcy Over Opioid Payment
Some of Mallinckrodt PLC's lenders have suggested that it consider filing another bankruptcy to make an upcoming $200 million payment in an opioid settlement, the drugmaker said in a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission filing Monday.
Chancery Won't DQ Selendy Gay In Fortis-J&J Earnout Suit
Acknowledging that some arrangements were "not ideal," a Delaware vice chancellor nevertheless declined Monday to disqualify Selendy Gay Elsberg PLLC from representing a medical robotics developer and entrepreneur caught up in a multibillion-dollar post-acquisition dispute between Johnson & Johnson Inc. and Fortis Advisors.
Lawmakers Ask Treasury, SEC If They Work With EU On ESG
Two senior Republican lawmakers sent letters to the Treasury Department and the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Monday, requesting information on their possible coordination with the European Union on ESG measures they decried as burdensome for U.S. companies.
High Court Ruling Bolsters Viability Of Direct Listings
The U.S. Supreme Court's recent verdict limiting the ability of investors to sue companies that go public through a direct listing increases legal certainty regarding this fairly novel alternative to a traditional initial public offering, according to legal experts.
Cyxtera Technologies Hits Ch. 11 With $200M DIP Loan
Florida-based data center company Cyxtera Technologies Inc. and over a dozen of its affiliates filed Chapter 11 petitions Sunday in New Jersey bankruptcy court with $40 million in cash on hand and $1 billion in debt.
FTC Rule Tweak Subjects ALJ Decisions To Automatic Review
The Federal Trade Commission is modifying the rules for its in-house proceedings so that administrative law judges will now issue "recommended" decisions that are reviewed automatically, rather than "initial" decisions that can be appealed to the commission.
Barber Ranen Leaders Resign Over Racist, Sexist Emails
The two name partners of Barber Ranen, who spearheaded a massive exodus from Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith LLP last month, reportedly resigned on Monday after a series of emails that showed the lawyers using offensive and derogatory language while at their former firm.
DC Courts Not State Courts Under Habeas Law, 9th Circ. Says
The District of Columbia's Superior Court is not considered a "state court" for purposes of appealing habeas petitions, the Ninth Circuit held in a published opinion, allowing a prisoner to appeal a denial of his habeas petition and breaking from five other circuit courts.
Catching Up With Delaware's Chancery Court
New cases in Delaware's Chancery Court last week involved matters ranging from cannabis to pet care.
Trending on Law360
- Judge Calls Apple's Conduct In Smartwatch Row 'Careless'
- 2nd Circ. Perplexed At Lack Of Recusal In Platinum Case
- SEC Says Binance, CEO Wove 'Extensive Web Of Deception'
- Supreme Court To Review 'Trump Too Small' TM Fight
- Biden Taps SEC, CFTC Republican Members For Full Terms
- DuPont, Others Strike $1B Deal In 'Forever Chemicals' Suits
- SEC Database Breach Was Broader Than Initially Revealed
- More States Turn To Paraprofessionals To Fill Justice Gap
- In Case You Missed It: Hottest Firms And Stories On Law360
From The Courtroom
- '60 Seconds' Producer Says Shelby's Co.'s Suit Crashed Deal
- Royal Caribbean Settles With Passenger Over Medical Care
- Ex-Official's Wife Tells Of China-Backed Harassment Campaign
- Florida Judge Won't Vacate $7 Million Car Crash Verdict
- 2nd Circ. OKs Union Boss's Bribe Verdict Despite Atty's Injury
- Florida Jury Says Miami Official Owes $63.5M For Retaliation
- Miami Biz Owners Say Official's Retaliation Was Personal
- Foreign Agent Trial Over China's 'Operation Fox Hunt' Opens
- Yale's Retirement Plan 'Stunted' By Bad Choices, Jury Told
- Murdaugh's Atty Hints At Guilty Plea In Federal Fraud Case
Consultants at Analysis Group explore questions surrounding the recently announced EU licensing framework for standard-essential pat... (read more)
Guidance clarifying the Inflation Reduction Act’s credit regime, expected from the U.S. Department of the Treasury this summer, shou... (read more)
Though the factors that contributed to the downfalls of Silicon Valley Bank and First Republic Bank were similar, differences in fed... (read more)
Generative artificial intelligence technologies will put pressure on the business of law as it is structured currently, but clients ... (read more)
The U.S. Tax Court's recent decision that the Internal Revenue Service cannot penalize taxpayers for failing to file foreign corpora... (read more)
- Read More Expert Analysis
Want to publish in Law360?
Submit an idea
Have a news tip?
Contact us here
- SEC's Key Testimony In Binance Case Came From Ex-CEOs
- FTX Investor Suits Centralized In Fla. Over Celeb Objections
- Ex-Gilead VP Says Execs Gamed Out Truvada Generic Date
- Circuits 'Didn't Get The Memo' On Opioid Cases, Justices Told
- Newman Kept Off Cases As Probe Narrows To Misconduct
- '60 Seconds' Producer Says Shelby's Co.'s Suit Crashed Deal
- 5th Circ. Judge Asks If Border Phone Search Was In Bounds
- JPML Won't Centralize Cases In Cheer Abuse Litigation
- Mindbody Wants To Whittle Damages In Row Over $1.9B Merger
- Mallinckrodt Considers New Bankruptcy Over Opioid Payment