November 28, 2017
A Japan-based materials supplier urged a D.C. federal court Tuesday to deny the government's request to add an expert for rebuttal purposes in its False Claims Act suit over allegedly defective body armor, saying the untimely addition would require extra effort and jeopardize a March trial date.
July 17, 2017
A D.C. federal judge on Friday restored government claims trimmed two years ago from a False Claims Act suit against the materials supplier of a now-defunct bulletproof vest maker, saying the prior judge had failed to look at evidence the government would not have bought the vests if it knew of unfavorable test results.
April 03, 2017
A D.C. federal judge on Friday reaffirmed the dismissal of a number of False Claims Act claims against a materials supplier for a now-defunct bulletproof vest maker over alleged hidden armor degradation issues, saying a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision gives no reason to alter the findings.
August 08, 2016
The materials supplier for a now-defunct bulletproof vest maker assailed government efforts to revive False Claims Act allegations of hidden armor degradation issues, arguing Friday in D.C. federal court that the judge has already considered the same calculus as a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision.
July 13, 2016
The U.S. Supreme Court's recent Escobar decision means a now-defunct bulletproof vest maker's materials supplier can be held responsible for its "half-truths" about armor degradation, the federal government said Tuesday in another bid to restore nixed False Claims Act allegations against the supplier.
June 23, 2016
The federal government told a D.C. federal court Wednesday that last week's U.S. Supreme Court decision in Universal Health Services v. United States ex rel. Escobar backs its claim that a bulletproof vest materials supplier violated the False Claims Act by failing to report durability data on its product.
May 11, 2016
The D.C. federal judge overseeing two long-running False Claims Act suits lodged by the federal government against bulletproof-vest suppliers urged both sides to reach a settlement Wednesday and prevent what would likely be an eight-to-10-week trial, warning the cases' complexity would make that trial costly.
February 12, 2016
A D.C. federal judge told the government Thursday it needs to present more arguments if it wants to revive some allegations in two False Claims Act suits accusing a materials supplier for a now-defunct bulletproof vest manufacturer of hiding durability issues with the armor.
October 20, 2015
The U.S. government on Monday again urged a D.C. federal judge to consider restoring claims dismissed last month from a pair of False Claims Act lawsuits against a bulletproof-vest material manufacturer, saying key evidence doesn't support the judge's order to remove claims relating to pre-2002 government contracts.
October 13, 2015
A bulletproof-vest materials supplier told a D.C. federal court Tuesday that the U.S. government shouldn't get a "second bite at the apple" after its False Claims Act litigation was trimmed last month, saying the government's effort to revive some claims that the company misrepresented the quality of its materials merely reiterates old arguments.