Anti-Trust | California Northern
Transcript of Proceedings held on 02/15/2018, before Judge Cousins. Court Reporter/Transcriber Victoria L. Valine, telephone number firstname.lastname@example.org. Per General Order No. 59 and Judicial Conference policy, this transcript may be viewed only at the Clerk's Office public terminal or may be purchased through the Court Reporter/Transcriber until the deadline for the Release of Transcript Restriction. After that date it may be obtained through PACER. Any Notice of Intent to Request Redaction, if required, is due no later than 5 business days from date of this filing. (Re 339 Transcript Order, 337 Transcript Order, ) Redaction Request due 3/9/2018. Redacted Transcript Deadline set for 3/19/2018. Release of Transcript Restriction set for 5/17/2018. (Related documents(s) 339 , 337 ) (vlv, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 2/16/2018)
Anti-Trust | California Northern
Minute Entry for proceedings held before Magistrate Judge Nathanael M. Cousins.
Discovery Hearing (In re ECF Nos. 540 and 545-4 in 5:17-cv-00220-LHK and ECF Nos. 290, 291, 302, 536, 540, 545 and 553 in 5:17-md-02773-LHK) held on 2/15/2018.
As to Qualcomm/Apple disputes,
1. Issue of sanctions against Apple that was remanded from Judge Koh, deferred pending further discovery and briefing.
2. Apple made representations as to anticipated further productions and privilege log revisions. Apple represented to the Court that it would provide Qualcomm with an updated privilege log by 2/19.
3. Apple and Qualcomm by 2/23 to file joint status report update, including conferring and resolving date and location for deposition of former GC.
4. Court took under submission Qualcomm request as to Apple/Samsung in camera review. Order to issue.
Dkt 540, FTC request to Qualcomm for re-review of certain privilege log entries.
1. Parties (and non-party Apple) discussed the pros and cons of appointment of discovery special master. Parties ordered to confer further and to file specific proposals by 2/21. Court to issue order.
2. FTC request for immediate re-review of privilege log entries denied without prejudice, subject to further consideration of special master.
3. Class counsel's request for privilege log re-review granted in part and denied in part. As to the 2 witnesses being deposed next week, class counsel ordered to identify by 2/16 at noon 500 documents for each witness (out of approximately 2,500 previously identified); Qualcomm to re-review those log entries, amend log as appropriate, and produce responsive non-privileged documents (if any) by 2/20 at 5:00 pm, pacific time.
Dkt 545, Qualcomm request to FTC for certain third party communications: denied. Court not persuaded the requests seek information that is relevant and proportional to the needs of the case. Court did not reach work product assertion.
FTR Time: 1:47 to 2:59 and 3:48 to 4:13 (1 hr. and 37 mins.)
Attorney(s) for Class Plaintiff(s): Rio Pierce.
Attorney(s) for FTC: Jennifer Milici.
Attorney(s) for Qualcomm: Yonatan Even, Gary Bornstein and Asim Bhansali.
Attorney(s) for Apple: Edward Takashima.
(This is a text-only entry generated by the court. There is no document associated with this entry.) (ofr, COURT STAFF) (Date Filed: 2/15/2018)
Civil Rights: Jobs | California Northern
Joint Case Management Statement
JOINT CASE MANAGEMENT STATEMENT filed by Cheryl Fillekes. (Attachments: # 1 Appendix A, # 2 Exhibit 1, # 3 Exhibit 2, # 4 Exhibit 3, # 5 Exhibit 4, # 6 Exhibit 5, # 7 Exhibit 6, # 8 Exhibit 7, # 9 Exhibit 8, # 10 Exhibit 9, # 11 Exhibit 10, # 12 Exhibit 11)(Kotchen, Daniel) (Filed on 2/16/2018)