Try our Advanced Search for more refined results
Jan. 6 Panel Says 'No Choice' But To Subpoena Cipollone
The House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection on Wednesday subpoenaed former White House coun...(read more)
Court's Ruling Leaves Narrow Path For EPA's Climate Rules
The U.S. Supreme Court's interpretation of the Clean Air Act on Thursday left the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency with avenues to regulate greenhouse gas emissions, but any novel legal approaches the agency takes to tackle climate change will face headwinds given the court's skepticism of broad agency power.
Ex-Mich. Gov. Pleads 5th In Flint Trial Appearance
Former Michigan Gov. Rick Snyder appeared in court Thursday in a civil trial over the Flint water crisis, pleading the Fifth Amendment as he declined to answer questions about his time in office.
Justices To Hear NC Bid To Curb Court Review Of Elections
The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday agreed to entertain oral arguments by a top North Carolina Republican lawmaker seeking to curtail state judicial oversight of federal elections, a move that would give the state's GOP-led legislature significant control over election procedures, including what North Carolina's congressional map will look like.
What GCs Want To Know About State Anti-Abortion Laws
With the status of some states' abortion laws in flux, companies and their general counsel are grappling with how to respond, especially as some lawmakers push the idea of retaliating against companies that aid abortions.
Amazon Quota OK For Tom Brady, Judge Says In Age Suit Ax
A California federal magistrate judge has dismissed a proposed class action claiming Amazon imposed onerous work quotas that discriminate against workers over 40, saying the allegations assume no one over 40 can meet those quotas, but "if Tom Brady worked at this Amazon warehouse, he would not be adversely impacted."
Ex-Apple Legal Bigwig Cops To Insider Trading
The former director of corporate law at Apple admitted Thursday to an insider-trading scheme that netted him hundreds of thousands of dollars, New Jersey federal prosecutors said.
Ga. Justices Nix Ex-Fisher Phillips Atty's Murder Conviction
A former Fisher Phillips partner's murder conviction and life sentence over his wife's shooting death was overturned Thursday by the Georgia Supreme Court.
Fla. Judge Says 15-Week Abortion Ban Is Unconstitutional
A Florida judge on Thursday issued a temporary injunction blocking the implementation of a new ban on abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy, ruling that the law violates the right to privacy in the Florida Constitution.
New York Youth Club Hits Ch. 11 Over Sex Abuse Claims
The 138-year-old Madison Square Boys & Girls Club Inc. filed for Chapter 11 protection in New York court to deal with nearly 150 claims of sexual abuse against the organization and has asked the court to suspend the bankruptcy case to allow for mediation to begin immediately.
Apple To Face £1.5B UK Class Action Over App Store Charges
The U.K.'s specialist antitrust court ruled Thursday that a £1.5 billion ($1.8 billion) lawsuit accusing Apple of abusing its market dominance by charging "excessive" commissions on app sales can go ahead as a collective action.
Justices To Mull Limits Of Fraud In NY 'Buffalo Billion' Cases
The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday agreed to consider whether private citizens who influence government decision-making can be convicted of honest-services fraud, taking up a case involving alleged bid-rigging by an aide to former New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo in the state-funded "Buffalo Billion" projects.
Justices Reject Airline Group's Wash. Sick Leave Law Fight
The U.S. Supreme Court on Thursday declined to hear the U.S. airline industry's challenge to a Ninth Circuit ruling that cleared the way for Washington state to enforce its paid sick leave law against airlines.
Trending on Law360
- IT Pro Was 'Stupid' To Obey Jones Day Atty's 'Burn' Order
- Paul Weiss, MoFo, 22 Other Firms Staff NY Abortion Hotline
- Justice Alito's Former NJ Home Barraged With Hate Mail
- High Court Pares Down EPA's Clean Air Act Power
- Biden Taps Del. High Court Trailblazer For 3rd Circ.
- Erika Girardi Ordered To Turn Over Pricey Diamond Earrings
- Ernst & Young Fined $100M For Cheating On CPA Exams
- High Court Says States Can Handle Some Reservation Crimes
- Fed. Circ. Wipes $11K Fee Ruling Over Confidential Emails
From The Courtroom
- As Opioid Trial Ends, Judge Jokes Of 'Generous' Time Limits
- Fla. Consumer Tells Jury Experian Ran Afoul Of FCRA
- Chancery Nixes Aerojet CEO's Bid For Neutral Counsel
- Balwani's Trial Features Tears, Tension And Holmes' Shadow
- Feds Urge Jury To Convict Developer Of Bribing LA Pol Huizar
- Fla. Family Says Nelson Mullins Atty's Moves Cost Up To $62M
- Family Knew Of Trust Moves By Nelson Mullins Atty, Jury Told
- Feds Let Flipped Witness Keep Dirty Cash Tax-Free, Jury Told
- LA Fundraiser Says He Was Urged To Blame Huizar For Bribes
- Dr. Says Nelson Mullins Atty Knew Plan To Treat Kids Equally
The U.S. Supreme Court's decision in Ruan v. U.S., demanding rock-solid proof of intentional impropriety to convict a prescriber und... (read more)
Three recent cases in the digital asset space illustrate how regulatory uncertainty has created fertile ground for litigation and en... (read more)
The Fifth Circuit’s decision in Jarkesy v. U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission signals a growing discomfort in the judiciary wit... (read more)
Restricted abortion access in many states after the U.S. Supreme Court’s expected reversal of Roe v. Wade may cause corporate recrui... (read more)
The recent oral argument in Thaler v. Vidal marks the first time that the Federal Circuit has substantively considered artificial in... (read more)
- Read More Expert Analysis
Want to publish in Law360?
Submit an idea
- DOJ Charges 3 Fla. Men With Running $100M Scheme
- Thomas Dissents On Denial Of NY Health Worker Vax Case
- DOJ, House Jan. 6 Probes Put The Squeeze On Trump Attys
- Big Tech Common Carrier Fight Teed Up With Justices In Sight
- NY AG Atty Says No 'Bad Blood' In Eviction Law Firm Suit
- 3rd Circ. Won't Revive Hedge Fund Fintech Co.'s Comp Suit
- Health Care Giants Commit to Biden Admin Carbon Pledge
- Panthers' HQ Builder Told To Revise $20M Loan Docs
- Ore. Court Sides Mostly With Comcast In Right-Of-Way Scrap
- Justices Tell Courts To Review Gun Control Laws In 4 States