Mayer Brown Advises Ace In $1.1B Rain & Hail Deal

Law360, New York (September 14, 2010, 3:39 PM EDT) -- Property and casualty insurer Ace Ltd. on Tuesday announced plans to buy up the rest of Rain and Hail Insurance Service Inc., the U.S.' second-largest crop insurer, for $1.1 billion, saying the move would have an immediate positive impact on its balance sheet.

Ace currently owns 20 percent of Rain and Hail, and the agreement calls for it to purchase the remaining 80 percent. The $1.1 billion purchase price is subject to adjustment to reflect the book value of Rain and Hail as of Dec. 31,...
To view the full article, register now.

UK Financial Services

UK Financial Services

Read Our Latest UK Financial Services Coverage

Financial Services Law360 UK provides breaking news and analysis on the financial sector. Coverage includes UK and European Union policy, enforcement, and litigation involving banks, asset management firms, and other financial services organizations.