Petra To Pay $210M For De Beers Diamond Mine

Law360, New York (January 21, 2011, 3:28 PM EST) -- Petra Diamonds on Friday said it had agreed to pay 1.4 billion rand ($210 million) to buy South Africa's second-largest diamond mine from De Beers Consolidated Mines, which will double the London-based rough diamond supplier's annual production.

The deal will give Petra a 74 percent stake in the Finsch diamond mine. The other 26 percent will belong to a consortium of Sedibeng Mining (Pty) Ltd., Namoise Mining (Pty) Ltd. and the Petra Diamonds Employee Share Trust, which is designed to benefit the company's South African employees,...
To view the full article, register now.

UK Financial Services

UK Financial Services

Read Our Latest UK Financial Services Coverage

Financial Services Law360 UK provides breaking news and analysis on the financial sector. Coverage includes UK and European Union policy, enforcement, and litigation involving banks, asset management firms, and other financial services organizations.