Dexia To Sell Luxembourg Unit To Qatari Fund For $954M

Law360, New York (December 20, 2011, 1:47 PM EST) -- Belgian bank Dexia SA, which is being broken up after receiving its second government rescue package in three years, has agreed to sell most of its Luxembourg assets to a Qatari investment group for €730 million ($954 million), the lender said Tuesday.

Dexia will sell 90 percent of its Dexia Banque Internationale a Luxembourg SA to Precision Capital LLC of Qatar, the bank said in a statement. The government of Luxembourg will take the remaining 10 percent stake, the firm said.

The sale is another step in...
To view the full article, register now.

UK Financial Services

UK Financial Services

Read Our Latest UK Financial Services Coverage

Financial Services Law360 UK provides breaking news and analysis on the financial sector. Coverage includes UK and European Union policy, enforcement, and litigation involving banks, asset management firms, and other financial services organizations.