Barrick Can't Stop Rivals' $4B Chilean Mining Project Buy

Law360, New York (June 27, 2012, 6:59 PM EDT) -- An Ontario Superior Court judge denied Barrick Gold Corp.'s bid to nullify the purchase of a $4 billion gold and copper mining project in Chile by two Canadian gold mining companies, ruling Tuesday that the miners properly exercised a right of first refusal to purchase the project.

The ruling nixes Barrick's suit seeking to block Goldcorp Inc.'s acquisition of 70 percent of the El Morro mining project from a subsidiary of New Gold Inc., which holds the remaining 30 percent stake.

Barrick initially acquired a majority...
To view the full article, register now.

UK Financial Services

UK Financial Services

Read Our Latest UK Financial Services Coverage

Financial Services Law360 UK provides breaking news and analysis on the financial sector. Coverage includes UK and European Union policy, enforcement, and litigation involving banks, asset management firms, and other financial services organizations.