Pa. Gov. Signs Job Creation Bill Allowing For Tax Breaks

Law360, Philadelphia (October 29, 2012, 4:29 PM EDT) -- Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Corbett Friday signed legislation aimed at promoting job creation in the state that would allow qualifying employers to hold onto the bulk of the state income tax they withhold on behalf of their employees.

House Bill 2626 — also known as Promoting Employment across Pennsylvania, or PEP! — would enable the employers to retain and reinvest 95 percent of the state personal income tax revenue, while the remaining 5 percent would go to the state.

“This is a new approach to job creation,”...
To view the full article, register now.

UK Financial Services

UK Financial Services

Read Our Latest UK Financial Services Coverage

Financial Services Law360 UK provides breaking news and analysis on the financial sector. Coverage includes UK and European Union policy, enforcement, and litigation involving banks, asset management firms, and other financial services organizations.