DOL Shares More Details On COBRA Subsidy Plan

Law360, New York (March 20, 2009, 12:00 AM EDT) -- The U.S. Department of Labor revealed more details Thursday about a new subsidy program available to laid-off workers seeking health insurance coverage under COBRA, including eligibility requirements and employer notification responsibilities.

Eligible workers, which include those who were laid off or other otherwise involuntarily terminated for reasons besides gross incompetence, would have to pay 35 percent of the cost of their premiums under COBRA, with the insurance provider receiving a reimbursement through a tax credit for the other 65 percent, according to the DOL.

The subsidy...
To view the full article, register now.

UK Financial Services

UK Financial Services

Read Our Latest UK Financial Services Coverage

Financial Services Law360 UK provides breaking news and analysis on the financial sector. Coverage includes UK and European Union policy, enforcement, and litigation involving banks, asset management firms, and other financial services organizations.