CPSC Warns Against Fidget Spinners After Swallowing Cases

By Rachel Graf (May 31, 2017, 5:32 PM EDT) -- The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has launched an investigation into fidget spinners after children in Texas and Oregon were hospitalized for swallowing parts of the popular toy, according to a news report.

The CPSC investigation began after a girl in Texas underwent surgery to remove part of a fidget spinner she had swallowed and a young boy was similarly hospitalized in Oregon after swallowing a piece of the gadget, according to an ABC News report on May 26.

"We advise parents to keep these away from young children because they can choke on small parts, and warn older children not...

Stay ahead of the curve

In the legal profession, information is the key to success. You have to know what’s happening with clients, competitors, practice areas, and industries. Law360 provides the intelligence you need to remain an expert and beat the competition.

  • Access to case data within articles (numbers, filings, courts, nature of suit, and more.)
  • Access to attached documents such as briefs, petitions, complaints, decisions, motions, etc.
  • Create custom alerts for specific article and case topics and so much more!


Related Sections


Government Agencies

Hello! I'm Law360's automated support bot.

How can I help you today?

For example, you can type:
  • I forgot my password
  • I took a free trial but didn't get a verification email
  • How do I sign up for a newsletter?
Ask a question!