Ken Broda-Bahm, Shelley Spiecker and Kevin BoullyNovember 8, 2017, 5:01 PM EST
Law360, New York (November 8, 2017, 5:01 PM EST) -- In today’s digital environment, audiences have instantaneous access to information. Lots of it. While this reality suggests that jurors could be more fact-focused than before, the potential that the opposite may be true raises important questions about how today’s jurors process information and news.
According to a 2016 Pew Research Center poll, only 39 percent of American adults are very confident they can differentiate between fake news and real news, leaving 61 percent who do not feel very confident in making the distinction. In the same study,...