We use cookies on this site to enable your digital experience. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our cookie policy. close

Jury Persuasion In An 'Alt-Fact' World

Law360, New York (November 8, 2017, 5:01 PM EST) -- In today’s digital environment, audiences have instantaneous access to information. Lots of it. While this reality suggests that jurors could be more fact-focused than before, the potential that the opposite may be true raises important questions about how today’s jurors process information and news.

According to a 2016 Pew Research Center poll,[1] only 39 percent of American adults are very confident they can differentiate between fake news and real news, leaving 61 percent who do not feel very confident in making the distinction. In the same study,...
To view the full article, register now.
Law360 Pro Say Podcast
Check out Law360's new podcast, Pro Say, which offers a weekly recap of both the biggest stories and hidden gems from the world of law.