Md. Repair Cos. Must Face Suit Over Carbon Monoxide Deaths
By Y. Peter Kang (July 27, 2018, 8:33 PM EDT) -- A Maryland appellate panel revived Thursday a suit accusing two HVAC repair companies of failing to warn a home's occupants of carbon monoxide risks they had observed which purportedly contributed to five deaths, saying it was plausibly alleged that it was within the companies' duties of reasonable care to do so.
In a published decision, a three-judge Court of Special Appeals panel unanimously reversed a summary judgment ruling in favor of Caviness Mechanical Services and Parrish Services Inc. in a suit accusing the heating, ventilation and air conditioning repair services companies of failing to inform the occupants of an Oxon Hill, Maryland, house that the home's water...
Stay ahead of the curve
In the legal profession, information is the key to success. You have to know what’s happening with clients, competitors, practice areas, and industries. Law360 provides the intelligence you need to remain an expert and beat the competition.
Access to case data within articles (numbers, filings, courts, nature of suit, and more.)
Access to attached documents such as briefs, petitions, complaints, decisions, motions, etc.
Create custom alerts for specific article and case topics and so much more!