EU Nixes Vivendi Antitrust Claim V. France Telecom

Law360, New York (March 4, 2010, 2:21 PM EST) -- The European Commission on Thursday rejected Vivendi SA and Iliad SA's complaint alleging France Telecom SA abused its dominant position in the French fixed-line telecommunications market.

A spokeswoman for the EC competition regulator confirmed the decision, but said that the final documents had not yet been released.

In the complaint, filed in March, Vivendi said that France Telecom controls 85 percent of the fixed-line telecommunications market in France, while Vivendi and Iliad share the remaining 15 percent.

Vivendi Chief Executive Jean Bernard Lévy told reporters in...
To view the full article, register now.

UK Financial Services

UK Financial Services

Read Our Latest UK Financial Services Coverage

Financial Services Law360 UK provides breaking news and analysis on the financial sector. Coverage includes UK and European Union policy, enforcement, and litigation involving banks, asset management firms, and other financial services organizations.