BCE To Acquire Canada's Top TV Network

Law360, New York (September 10, 2010, 7:36 PM EDT) -- Canada’s largest communications company, BCE Inc., announced Friday it has agreed to acquire Canadian media giant CTV in a $3.2 billion dollar deal.

The deal will allow BCE to round out its current 15 percent equity stake in CTV with the remaining 85 percent for $1.3 billion. The aggregate value of the acquisition includes $1.7 billion in proportionate debt, according to a joint statement issued by the companies.

BCE said it had already received a commitment for $2 billion in financing to fund the deal and...
To view the full article, register now.
Law360 Pro Say Podcast
Check out Law360's new podcast, Pro Say, which offers a weekly recap of both the biggest stories and hidden gems from the world of law.