EU Puts Off Decision On $12.5B Google, Motorola Deal

Law360, New York (January 19, 2012, 2:16 PM EST) -- European antitrust regulators on Thursday set a new deadline for their decision on whether to approve Google Inc.’s proposed $12.5 billion takeover of Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc., giving the Competition Commission until Feb. 13 to decide.

Previously, the European Commission was set to make a ruling on Google’s deal to buy Motorola by Jan. 10.

In December, Google said the EC was seeking more information on the search giant’s bid to acquire Motorola, a move that would likely postpone the deadline.

An EC representative said at...
To view the full article, register now.
Law360 Pro Say Podcast
Check out Law360's new podcast, Pro Say, which offers a weekly recap of both the biggest stories and hidden gems from the world of law.