Private Equity Wins Out In Battle For Failed Euro CMBS

Law360, New York (April 17, 2012, 8:36 PM EDT) -- TPG and Patron Capital Ltd. on Tuesday won over investors burned by the default of a €600 million ($788 million) European commercial mortgage-backed security, convincing senior noteholders of a Dutch CMBS to accept their offer over a rival bid from Australian real estate firm Valad.

TPG and Patron's credit bid for Opera Finance, a securitized loan package from Netherlands-based Uni-Invest BV that missed its repayment date in February, will pay senior noteholders 40 percent up front and will issue new notes for the remaining 60 percent....
To view the full article, register now.
Law360 Pro Say Podcast
Check out Law360's new podcast, Pro Say, which offers a weekly recap of both the biggest stories and hidden gems from the world of law.