KFC To Pay $8M Over Girl's Brain Damage From Salmonella

Law360, New York (April 27, 2012, 1:42 PM EDT) -- An Australian judge on Friday awarded $8 million to the family of a girl who suffered brain damage after allegedly contracting salmonella from a KFC Corp. chicken product.

The award followed the New South Wales Supreme Court’s finding last week that KFC had breached its duty to care for the girl, Monika Samaan, and was liable for damages.

Samaan suffered severe brain damage as a result of contracting salmonella encephalopathy in October 2005, according to New South Wales Supreme Court Justice Stephen Rothman’s judgment from last...
To view the full article, register now.
Law360 Pro Say Podcast
Check out Law360's new podcast, Pro Say, which offers a weekly recap of both the biggest stories and hidden gems from the world of law.