Benihana Asks 2nd Circ. To Chop Suit Over $8M Eatery Deal

Law360, New York (November 15, 2011, 5:29 PM EST) -- Japanese steakhouse chain Benihana Inc. on Tuesday urged the Second Circuit to toss a lawsuit that claims it violated a stock purchase contract connected with its $8.1 million buy of Haru Holding Corp., saying allegations about its number crunching are unfounded.

Benihana — which with 96 restaurants is among the U.S.' leading Japanese-themed restaurant chains — in 1999 bought control of 80 percent of New York-based sushi chain Haru for $8.1 million, with the option to buy the remaining 20 percent.

The problem, Haru's old owners...
To view the full article, register now.
Law360 Pro Say Podcast
Check out Law360's new podcast, Pro Say, which offers a weekly recap of both the biggest stories and hidden gems from the world of law.