Marriott Hotel Fountain Caused Legionnaires' Death, Suit Says

Law360, New York (September 26, 2012, 11:16 PM EDT) -- Marriott International Inc. was hit with a wrongful death suit Wednesday brought by the family member of a man who allegedly died after inhaling water containing Legionella bacteria from the fountain in front of the company's Chicago hotel.

In a complaint filed in Illinois state court, plaintiff Maria E. Acevedo claims Luis Enrique Acevedo Muro stayed at the JW Marriott Hotel in Chicago from Aug. 1 to Aug. 3, where he inhaled the contaminated water and developed Legionnaires’ disease. Her suit says he died less than...
To view the full article, register now.
Law360 Pro Say Podcast
Check out Law360's new podcast, Pro Say, which offers a weekly recap of both the biggest stories and hidden gems from the world of law.