Ship Co-Owner Wants Excel Maritime's Docs On Interest Sale

Law360, New York (July 10, 2013, 4:37 PM EDT) -- The co-owner of a vessel that Excel Maritime Carriers Ltd. plans to use to pay back unsecured creditors urged a New York bankruptcy judge Tuesday to force the dry bulk shipper to produce documents relating to a purported transfer of interest in the ship.

Robertson Maritime Investors LLC argues that the former co-owner of Christine Shipco LLC, which operates the MV Christine, sold its 71 percent interest in the $72 million ship to Excel for $35,000 without informing Robertson, the owner of the remaining 29 percent....
To view the full article, register now.

Documents

Related

Sections

Case Information

Case Title

Excel Maritime Carriers Ltd., et al.


Case Number

7:13-bk-23060

Court

New York Southern

Nature of Suit

Date Filed

July 1, 2013

Law Firms

Companies

UK Financial Services

UK Financial Services

Read Our Latest UK Financial Services Coverage

Financial Services Law360 UK provides breaking news and analysis on the financial sector. Coverage includes UK and European Union policy, enforcement, and litigation involving banks, asset management firms, and other financial services organizations.