Deal Nets Cox Enterprises Nearly 100% Stake In AutoTrader

Law360, New York (January 3, 2014, 4:15 PM EST) -- Cox Enterprises Inc. and Providence Equity Partners LLC said Friday they have reached a deal for Cox to acquire Providence Equity's 25 percent equity interest in AutoTrader Group Inc., in a deal that gives Cox nearly complete control over the digital automotive marketplace.

The deal gives Cox a 98 percent stake in the online car dealership, with the remaining 2 percent being held by current and former AutoTrader employees. The financial terms for the deal were not disclosed Friday.

"With more than 32 million monthly visitors...
To view the full article, register now.