We use cookies on this site to enable your digital experience. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our cookie policy. close

Vivendi Files Complaint Against France Telecom

Law360 (March 3, 2009, 12:00 AM EST) -- Vivendi SA has reportedly filed a complaint with the European Commission accusing France Telecom of abusing its dominant position in the fixed-line telecommunications market.

The Financial Times reported that Vivendi Chief Executive Jean Bernard Lévy told reporters Monday that France Telecom controls 85 percent of the fixed-line telecommunications market in France, while Vivendi's SFR and another company, Iliad, share the remaining 15 percent.

According to Lévy, the fixed-line market was opened to competition 11 years ago, but France Telecom still has an overwhelmingly dominant position....
To view the full article, register now.
Law360 Pro Say Podcast
Check out Law360's new podcast, Pro Say, which offers a weekly recap of both the biggest stories and hidden gems from the world of law.