We use cookies on this site to enable your digital experience. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our cookie policy. close

US Sports Tycoon To Buy Arsenal Soccer Club For $645M

Law360 (April 11, 2011, 1:32 PM EDT) -- U.S. billionaire Stan Kroenke announced Monday that he is poised to take ownership of the famed Arsenal soccer franchise in London for £394 million ($645 million).

Under the terms of the deal, Kroenke's company, Kroenke Sports Enterprises UK Inc., which already owns 30 percent of the club, would pay shareholders of Arsenal Holdings PLC £11,750 in cash per share, or, as an alternative, guaranteed loan notes issued by KSE, for the remaining 70 percent of the shares. The deal values the club at £731 million ($1.2...
To view the full article, register now.
Law360 Pro Say Podcast
Check out Law360's new podcast, Pro Say, which offers a weekly recap of both the biggest stories and hidden gems from the world of law.