Huawei Still On Blacklist After US-China Ceasefire

Law360 (July 9, 2019, 12:41 PM EDT) -- Chinese telecom giant Huawei remains on a U.S. government blacklist more than a week after President Donald Trump announced that concessions would be made for the company, Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross said Tuesday as the U.S. and China prepared to relaunch their formal trade negotiations.

Trump placed Huawei on the Commerce Department's so-called entity list in May after deeming the company a threat to national security, a move that would effectively cut the company off from U.S. suppliers.

Following a summit with Chinese President Xi Jinping late last month, Trump said he would allow U.S. companies to continue doing business with...

Stay ahead of the curve

In the legal profession, information is the key to success. You have to know what’s happening with clients, competitors, practice areas, and industries. Law360 provides the intelligence you need to remain an expert and beat the competition.


  • Access to case data within articles (numbers, filings, courts, nature of suit, and more.)
  • Access to attached documents such as briefs, petitions, complaints, decisions, motions, etc.
  • Create custom alerts for specific article and case topics and so much more!

TRY LAW360 FREE FOR SEVEN DAYS