Ex-Wrestlers Protest WWE Sanctions Bid In Concussion Case

Law360, New York (November 1, 2016, 6:59 PM EDT) -- A class of former WWE wrestlers told a Connecticut court Tuesday that the company has engaged in abusive sanctions motions in its fight against their concussion claims and should itself face sanctions.

Responding to World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. claims that they had knowingly submitted interrogatories containing false statements, the plaintiffs denied perjury and claimed the accusation was “inflammatory and unsubstantiated.”

“The level of abusive tactics intended to scare and bully plaintiffs’ counsel should cease. Enough is enough,” the plaintiffs said.

In the suit, consolidated in Connecticut last year, the wrestlers contend the WWE withheld information on the health dangers of repeated...

Stay ahead of the curve

In the legal profession, information is the key to success. You have to know what’s happening with clients, competitors, practice areas, and industries. Law360 provides the intelligence you need to remain an expert and beat the competition.


  • Access to case data within articles (numbers, filings, courts, nature of suit, and more.)
  • Access to attached documents such as briefs, petitions, complaints, decisions, motions, etc.
  • Create custom alerts for specific article and case topics and so much more!

TRY LAW360 FREE FOR SEVEN DAYS