Nonprofit Gets Leftover Funds From Mario Batali Wage Deal
Law360 (December 9, 2020, 5:01 PM EST) -- A workers' rights nonprofit can receive the leftovers of a $5.25 million settlement that resolved a wage and hour lawsuit from waitstaff at Mario Batali's New York City restaurants, a federal magistrate judge has ruled, rejecting the celebrity chef's argument that the organization was ineligible because it previously worked with class counsel.
In a ruling issued Tuesday in New York federal court, U.S. Magistrate Judge Stewart Aaron said Make the Road New York can receive roughly $46,000 that went unclaimed in the settlement that ended a 2010 class and collective action brought by waitstaff at Batali's restaurants. Judge Aaron said the...
Stay ahead of the curve
In the legal profession, information is the key to success. You have to know what’s happening with clients, competitors, practice areas, and industries. Law360 provides the intelligence you need to remain an expert and beat the competition.
Access to case data within articles (numbers, filings, courts, nature of suit, and more.)
Access to attached documents such as briefs, petitions, complaints, decisions, motions, etc.
Create custom alerts for specific article and case topics and so much more!